Rev Cheong Yew Kwong
October 13, 2019
The Reasons and Purpose We Pray
Prayer is an act with an attitude of prayer.
Prayer is communicating or conversing with God. We have a relationship with the Heavenly Father and we have a position in Christ that enables us to communicate directly with Him. In the Old Testament only the prophet, priest, or king could talk to God directly with some exceptional cases like Gideon, whom God called to deliver the Israelites from the enemies.
When do Christians pray? :
• We pray when we have a need; we ask Him to meet our needs
• We pray when we come to a juncture in life and do not know which way to go but we want to know what the Heavenly Father’s direction is.
• We pray when we need guidance on issues of life or ministry.
• We pray when we are in a crisis
• We pray when we are in a bind and there’s no way out; bondage
• We pray when we are in trouble
• We pray for others who are in similar situations
• We pray even when everything is going on well; when we are prospering and successful
• We pray for our own nation that peace may continue
• We watch every situation happening in the nation and pray
Why do we pray? What are the the reasons and purpose we pray? Let us look at the reasons and purpose why Jesus prayed.